A light skin and slim body is the dream of many women. However, in the context of environmental pollution and work pressure are becoming a serious issue, in order to have a light and healthy skin, you have to know how to lighten your skin effectively and safely. In the article, we will introduce to you some simple skin lightening home remedies as well as skin lightening surgery.
Some simple home remedies for skin lightening
In order to have better skin, many people think that they have to pay a lot of money to take care at spa or beauty salon. In fact, there are so many simple remedies you can apply at home without wasting too much money.
1. Rice water
Rice water is used to brighten and smooth the skin because it contains many minerals such as iron, copper and vitamin B5. You can use rice water to take care of your skin in the following way:
- Rinse rice but don’t use the rice water at the first time. You need to rinse rice again and pour this water rice into a big bowl.
- Let the water settle, then take the milky white solution mixed with warm water.
- Use this water to wash your face and bathe, massage your whole body for 15 minutes.
- Bathe again in fresh water.
Yogurt contains a lot of vitamin A, vitamins B1, B2, vitamin E … which can prevent oxidation, eliminate dry and horny skin. Therefore, yogurt is considered to be the perfect beauty ingredient, used to take care of the whole body.
- For a better facial skin: take 1/2 cup of yogurt without sweetness and mix well with orange peel powder. Apply this mixture to the face for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
- Smooth body skin: Mix the 10 teaspoons of yogurt with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and apply the mixture to the body, massage gently and bathe again after about 15 minutes. You surely will feel your skin gradually lighter and smoother.
Using natural ingredients to lighten your skin will be very good, safe for skin, especially sensitive skin. Appling these methods regularly, you will own bright white skin in a very short time.
3. Mixture of mulberry and honey
Honey has long been famous for its natural beauty effects. The vitamins found in honey are essential nutrients to nourish the skin and moisturize. Honey has an anti-inflammatory effect, forming a cover layer on the skin, which can prevent from bad effects like sunlight. Mulberry contains alpha-hydroxy acids which capable of eliminating dead cells, quickly regenerating the surface of the skin, helping whiten skin.
How to use:
- Grind 100g mulberry then mix it with 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the mixture to the skin.
- Massage gently for about 20 minutes and bathe with clean water, you will feel the change of your skin.
Whitening the whole body with mulberry and honey is the best way to help you get the white and smooth skin, especially in the hot summer.
You can use herbal teas as a nourishing mask.
- The first step, you put natural ingredients such as jasmine, mint, lavender or ginger into a bowl of warm water, then leave for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Use a towel to absorb this tea, squeeze lightly and cover the body with it. Relax and let the tea soak in the skin for 15 to 20 minutes. Finally, you can bathe or dry tea water with a wet towel.
5. Lighten your skin with potatoes
- Grind boiled potatoes apply it to the skin. Perform three times a week, each time you leave this mixture on the skin for 30 minutes.
- Then bathe with a softening shower cream to help skin softer and lighter.
The above are the five simple, safe and cheap home remedies for skin lightening you can apply at home without wasting too much time and money.
Skin lightening surgery methods
Recently, there are many options of skin lightening surgery for your choices such as skin whitening injections, pharmaceuticals or whitening creams. However, you need to think carefully before using these methods because some of them are not really safe for your health.
1. Skin lightening injection
The method will bring immediate effects. Melanin is the determining factor for each person’s skin color. The more melanin is, the darker the skin becomes. Therefore, whitening agent injection will reduce the amount of melanin, helping your skin lighter.
Glutathione is an important component of whitening agents. However, it can cause some side effects such as hair loss, white spots on the nail, depression, anxiety, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell’s syndrome, thyroid disorder, etc.
2. Frozen therapy
Frozen therapy is a method of using liquid nitrogen. The doctor uses cotton swabs to apply nitrogen to the skin and freezes the cells. Frozen cells will self-destroy and regenerate naturally.
3. Laser skin lightening
This is the method of using short and concentrated laser beams to whiten skin. It will remove damaged skin and stimulate skin regeneration.
There are many ways to help you have a light and healthy skin so depending on your health conditions and your budget, you can choose a suitable method to take care of your skin.